Monday, June 23, 2008

Much Ado About Buttons

There are a lot of buttons in the galley. Hardly any of them do anything. Turn the potable water on and off. Heater on and off (which doesn't actually work, necessitating the 'bag of coffee' trick). Light on and off. However, on the third or fourth leg when I start to get really bored, I start working the buttons like they really do do something as passengers are enplaning. I mean like I'm in a Navy jet. Like three buttons with one hand and two more with the opposite elbow, like I'm rebooting Windows. "Welcome aboard, sir... wait, hold on a sec... OK, got it. Welcome aboard." Behaving like this does three things. One, it amuses me. Two, it makes the passengers think I am way more technically proficient than I am. Three, it instantly identifies other flight attendants traveling out of uniform, because they're the ones looking at me funny for wrestling with the coffee machine drain valve.

4 Comments:

Blogger Dogbait said...

I hope they never let you loose on the flight deck at 35,000 feet!
"Now what does this button do?"

2:52 PM  
Blogger Aviatrix said...

Now all you need is a Dymo labeller. Wouldn't you like a "Wings stay on - Wings fall off" switch?

12:52 PM  
Anonymous Amanda Cooper said...

Exchange traded funds have become increasingly popular as an investment option these days. And if you are falling asleep about now, I can hardly blame you. Mutual Fund Is A endanger Sharing Game The principle distinction is that penny stocks which trade on the pink sheets haven't reached the prerequisites set forth by the SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION to get listed on the stock exchange. The date the location was gazetted or registered as a goldfield or prospecting site.

3:48 AM  
Anonymous Roxanne said...

And now for the secret ingredient: shredded coconut. The strawberries in the cereal add extra flavor to an easy-to-make bar. Raisin Nut Bran is a breakfast cereal from General Mills that consists of plump raisins covered in a delicious nutty coating and crisp bran flakes. "They don't have enough marshmallows in cereal.

7:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home